Sorry, no content matched your criteria.
- Eggs - I use US Grade A Large eggs, available just about anywhere. I use so many, I don't have to worry about expiration dates. But check the date when you buy, just to be sure. Look for sales. I found 5 dozen for $1.09 at Walmart a few weeks ago.
- Corn syrup - Don't skimp here. I use Karo® light corn syrup in my divinity. I have used other brands that just didn't produce a good batch of candy.
- Sugar - Look for bargains. Our local Publix store will sometimes have sugar on a buy-one-get-one free sale. Stock up!
- Vanilla - Get a good vanilla extract. It's expensive, but it's worth it, and it will last a long time. I don't use imitation vanilla.
- Pecans - I'm biased! Get fresh Georgia pecans. Opened pecans will keep in the refrigerator about a year. If you freeze or refrigerate them, take them out and bring them to room temperature before using them.
- Cocoa - This is a personal preference. I use Hersheys® cocoa powder. Not the dark cocoa. The dark cocoa has a richer flavor, but I prefer the subtlety of the regular cocoa. Stick with a well-known brand.
- Butter - Again, our local Publix store will sometimes have butter on the buy-one-get-one free sale. Get as much as you can.